An emerging leaders program for migrants, refugees and people seeking asylum in regional Victoria
Note: Applications have now closed.
Open Futures is a 6-month professional development program, focused on supporting early career emerging leaders from refugee, asylum seeker and migrant backgrounds working in their communities to support responses to COVID-19.
The program supports people who are:
- aged 18-30
- from a refugee, migrant or asylum seeker background
- living in regional or rural Victoria
- actively supporting migrants, refugees or people seeking asylum during COVID-19
- interested in developing their professional and leadership skills
The program will commence in July 2021 and work with up to 12 emerging leaders.
Open Futures will include a series of 6 online workshops and two face-to-face workshops. Participants will also engage with a mentor who will be someone in a senior position within the multicultural sector with lived experience as a migrant, refugee or person of colour. The program will be delivered by Welcoming Australia in partnership with Neighbourhood Collective Australia.
Workshop topics will include:
- Community leadership
- Public speaking
- Workshop facilitation
- Addressing racism, bias and white privilege
- Working effectively with your own cultural community
- Bilingual and bicultural skills development
- Community consultation
- Community development
Applications have closed.
If you have any questions or would like help with you application, please contact:
Open Futures is a partnership between Welcoming Australia and Neighbourhood Collective Australia.
This project is supported by the Victorian Government through the Priority Response to Multicultural Communities during Coronavirus (PRMC) program.