The Welcoming Centre exists to create a safe, supportive and welcoming space for refugee families, people seeking asylum, recently arrived migrants, and the local community.
The Welcoming Centre will re-open for 2021 on Tuesday 5th January. We wish all of our community members a safe and blessed festive season and a happy new year.
Tuesdays: Drop in Centre open 10.00am – 2.00pm
2.30pm – 4.00pm Community Garden
4.00pm – 6.00pm: Conversation Practice and Job-Seeking Support
Thursdays: Drop in Centre open 10.00am – 2.00pm
Morning and Afternoon English classes (beginning and intermediate)
Monthly Community Dinners will return in 2021!
Closed Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays
Check our Facebook for more details.
Established in 2013, and based in suburban Adelaide (South Australia), the Centre provides access to essential services, social support and intercultural connection – with a focus on building authentic relationships that help people to engage more effectively in the diversity of Australian life. Each year, hundreds of families and individuals engage with the Welcoming Centre.
Facilitated by a part-time coordinator, the reach and impact of the Centre relies heavily on the generosity of sponsors, donors, and community volunteers.
Services provided at the Centre include:
- Emergency Assistance, including:
- access to food pantry;
- limited financial assistance for those facing hardship;
- referrals to support services and employment pathways.
- Homework help, social support and employment assistance
- English language classes and conversational English practice
- Community dinners
- Volunteering opportunities
- Community picnics and participation in other social and sporting events