Join the Welcoming Australia team, leading and guiding our financial strategy and growth
The Chief Financial Officer (part-time) is responsible for planning, implementing, and managing Welcoming Australia’s financial activities, including business and cost modelling, budgeting, and forecasting. This leadership role will identify and implement strategies that position Welcoming Australia for growth and stability aligned with the values and direction of the organisation.
Supported by Welcoming Australia’s Finance Administrator and external Accountants, the position will ensure that all internal and external accountabilities relating to the organisation’s finances are met, timely and of a high standard.
Key responsibilities include:
- Providing financial advice and analysis to the Board of Directors and CEO on all strategic and operational aspects of the organisation
- Reviewing, modelling and advising on business and revenue models for current and future programs, activities and initiatives
- Managing and supporting financial reporting to the Board, CEO and external stakeholders
- Leading a collaborative and effective financial planning process for the organisation, aligned with the strategic directions of the organisation
- Reviewing and implementing robust financial and corporate management systems to increase organisational efficiency, accountability, transparency and decision-making
- Maximising Welcoming Australia’s financial strength through effective cash flow management and consideration of appropriate investment strategies
- Managing relationships with external Accountants and Auditors to ensure all statutory and financial governance requirements are met
- Advising and supporting the Finance Administrator and Initiative Managers in developing budgets for grants and tenders
Welcoming Australia (WA) is a national not-for-profit organisation and non-partisan movement committed to cultivating a culture of welcome and advancing an Australia where people of all backgrounds have equal opportunity to belong, contribute and thrive. Our approach is underpinned by the values of positivity, relationships, honesty and change.
Welcoming Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a welcoming and inclusive workplace.
Position: Chief Financial Officer
Work Type/s: Contract (Part-time, 2 days per week)
Duration: Contracted until 30 June 2022 with a 3 month probationary period
Applications close: 23 April 2021
Perks of the Job
- SCHADS Award Level 7 ($110k gross FTE) plus superannuation & salary packaging options
- An inclusive and supportive team
- Option to work remotely
Applications / Interest
Applications close 5pm, Friday 23 April 2021.
Please send all enquiries and applications to email@example.com.
Applications must include:
- Cover letter addressing all essential and desirable criteria (as outlined in the Position Description).
- CV / resumé including at least two (2) professional referees
Download the position description including key selection criteria.