What’s a ‘multicultural place’?
There are various examples of places, spaces, hubs, or centres that could inform ideas for something similar in Bendigo. However, a place for people from diverse backgrounds in Bendigo should ultimately reflect the needs and aspirations of the community. Examples include:
The community survey is available in 8 languages. Click the appropriate link below to open and complete.
- Community Survey – Bendigo [English]
- 社区问卷调查 – Bendigo [Simplified Chinese]
- Khảo sát Cộng đồng – Bendigo [Vietnamese]
- ပှၤတ၀ၢအတၢ်ဃုသ့ၣ်ညါမၤလိ – Bendigo [Karen]
- Community Survey – Bendigo [Malayalam]
- Survey sa Komunidad – Bendigo [Tagalog]
- Akuany yic de baai – Bendigo [Dinka]
- Community Survey – Bendigo [Dari]
The community survey will inform a feasibility study into a possible multicultural place in Bendigo and people from across Bendigo are invited to contribute their views and ideas.
The study’s Advisory Committee is coordinated by Welcoming Australia and includes representatives from:
- Bendigo Community Health Service
- Bendigo Kangan Institute
- Bendigo Senior Secondary College
- City of Greater Bendigo
- Ethnic Communities’ Council of Victoria
- Loddon Campaspe Multicultural Services (LCMS)
- MAV (Multicultural Arts Victioria)