Work with grassroots community sports clubs across Melbourne’s West to create sporting environments that are welcoming to all.
The Active Inclusion Coordinator will work across Melbourne’s West and coordinate the delivery of two projects:
- Victorian Government Local Anti-Racism Initiatives Project. A primary prevention Anti-Racism program that supports community sport and recreation clubs to take the lead in building stronger, more cohesive, and safe communities that are free from racism and discrimination and welcoming and inclusive to all.
- Department of Social Services, Information Linkages and Capacity Building Active Inclusion Clubs. A mentoring project for sport and recreation clubs to develop leading practice in the inclusion of young people and families from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds living with a disability.
This role is also responsible for:
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with young people and families from diverse backgrounds living with a disability, community sports clubs, community organisations, cultural groups, community partners and disability support services.
- Coordinating and delivering Active Inclusion workshops at sports clubs
- Delivering bystander training for the prevention of racism and discrimination in sporting environments
- Coordinating and supporting youth facilitators within the Active Inclusion team
- Coordinating and leading inclusive all abilities sports programs
- Project management tasks
- Reporting, data collection and outcomes measurement
Position: Active Inclusion Coordinator, Welcoming Clubs (VIC)
Work Type/s: Contract (Part-time, 3 days per week)
Duration: 12 months (1 year)
Location: Greater Melbourne, Victoria
Applications close (extended): midnight (AEST), Thursday 29nd July
Salary: SCHADS Award Level 5 plus superannuation & salary packaging options
Applications / Interest
[Extended] Applications close midnight, Thursday 29 July 2021
Please send all enquiries and applications to email@example.com
Applications must include:
- Cover letter addressing all essential and desirable criteria (as outlined in the Position Description).
- CV / resumé including at least two (2) professional referees
Download the position description including key selection criteria.
Welcoming Australia (WA) is a national not-for-profit organisation and non-partisan movement committed to cultivating a culture of welcome and advancing an Australia where people of all backgrounds have equal opportunity to belong, contribute and thrive. Our approach is underpinned by the values of positivity, relationships, honesty and change.
Welcoming Clubs is Welcoming Australia’s overarching banner for initiatives that embrace the power of sport as a vehicle for inclusion, opportunity and creating a sense of belonging for all members of the community – including, recently arrived migrants, refugees, and people seeking asylum. The aim is to support young people, their families, local communities, and clubs to make meaningful connections through sport.
Welcoming Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a welcoming and inclusive workplace.
Welcoming Australia acknowledges that our work is conducted on the lands of First Nations representing hundreds of clans and language groups. We pay our respects to their Elders past and present, and work towards reconciliation with, and self-determination for, the First Peoples of this country.